Pet Transportation From/To Cambodia
Ethical Pet Travel & Relocating Animals Worldwide
World Angkor Transport who is member of IPATA in Cambodia must follow ethical guidelines in pet travel and relocating animals worldwide.
the International Pet and Animal Association (IPATA) is a non-profit trade association of independent members who are dedicated to the safe and humane transport of pets and other animals.
An Import Permit must be issued prior to arrival into Cambodia. The Important Permit must be issued prior the pets arrival. The application for the Import Permit should be made 2 weeks prior to arrival. The following information is needed for the Import Permit.
- Breed, sex, age, color and pet’s name.
- Address in Cambodia and Intended arrival date
- Copies of owner’s passport, and current health and vaccination certificates
Note: Quarantine is required at a government facility for 14 days. Import requirements may change and ‘Exotic’ pets may be restricted. Check with your service agent prior to shipping for current information.
We need the following documents in advance:
- Import Permit (Delivered by Cambodian Customs Authority at least 2 days before arrival, applications should be made 5 – 7 business days prior to arrival)
- Air Way Bill
- Pet Health Certificate – Issued within 3 days before departure
- Certificate of Vaccination – Including rabies, issued 14 day prior to arrival but not older than 1 year
- Passport and Cambodian Visa of Owner
Please send us a clear scan of these documents at least 3 days before the flight departure.
- Health Certificate & Rabies Inoculation Certificate
- Vaccination Record
- Export Permit
- Transport Declaration
- Import Permit (done by CNEE) or other regulation required at destination (Please check for more information by yourself as regulations often change)
- Veterinary Health Certificate
- Photo of Pet
- Photo of Cage, it must comply with IATA Live Animal Regulations (the animal must be able to stand and move around during the flight)
- A copy of the owner’s valid passport
- Owner and consignee’s residence address and contact number
- Crate / Kennel dimensions
- Shipper certificate for Live Animals
- For cage’s x-ray at the warehouse. The shipper has to be present and take the pet out of the cage until finished the x-ray (if requested).
All documents and information must be provided at least 7 days before the flight departure.
Pet Transportation FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
It is a good idea to acclimate your pet to their traveling crate. Feeding or placing treats in the crate is a good way to start. You can then progress to leaving your pet in the crate for short periods of time while you are out. This will help ease separation anxiety. They will associate the crate with something positive and it will become a place of comfort and security for them. Your Coordinator will discuss this with you.
The cost of your removal can be paid by cheque, cash or bank transfer. Please note that we don t accept credit card payments at a surcharge. We provide a written quotation but will review our pricing if requested.
Airlines will only accept animal bookings from accredited animal carriers. The only exception applies to transport via the so-called excess baggage service in the oversize luggage area.
Using our international partners around the globe, we can also provide a Comfort Service which will deliver your pet to your new home.